Reference & Information Services
Research & Materials Assistance
- Help finding books, media, historic materials, authoritative information, and research through the library's print and electronic resources
- Various guides, brochures, and walkthroughs available in-person and online
Computers & Technology Assistance
- 8 public-use computers with limited assistance for walk-in users
- Public-use printer with printing, copying, and scanning capability
- 20 cents per page for black-and-white copies
- 30 cents per page for color copies
- Technology assistance for devices, programs, and eReaders
- Limited assistance for walk-ins
- Schedule one-on-one appointments with a librarian for longer tutorials
- Continuously updated "Staff Picks" display in the library's main lobby
- Access to literature databases with suggestions, readlikes, and book reviews for readers of all ages
- Reader's Advisory: Collections of recommended books on different themes
- Ask a Librarian: Tell us a few books and/or authors you like and what you're looking for in your next read and we'll make a recommendation for you!
- An ongoing schedule of programs intended for adults, including:
- Visiting authors
- Crafts and workshops
- Adult coloring
- Guest speakers
- Trivia nights
- Several regular clubs and groups (listed below)
- Check our Calendar for details, like us on Facebook for updates, and/or subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Book Discussion Group
- Meets in the library every month on:
- the 1st Monday, from 1:00 to 2:15pm
- the 3rd Wednesday, from 6:30 to 7:45pm
- Interested? Sign up to join our email list!
- Check out our reading list for 2018-2019.
- Meets on the 3rd Monday of the month when not a holiday, otherwise the 2nd Monday of the month from 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Call Lee Ann Amend at (781) 784-1578 for more information, or subscribe to our Veterans' Group newsletter
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) - Literacy Program
- English Conversation Group meets in the Sharon Public Library Reference Room every Wednesday morning from 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Register as a student in our ESOL program, co-sponsored by the Stoughton Public Library
- Interested in volunteering to teach English? Find out more about the program and eligibility requirements.
Sharon Stitches - Embroidery Group
- Meets on the 3rd or 4th Thursday of every month from 7:00 to 8:00pm (check our Calendar for upcoming dates)
- All experience levels are welcome!
- Each month's meeting focuses on a different stitch or technique
- Basic embroidery materials and patterns are supplied
- Meets 4 times per year on a seasonal basis, on Tuesday evenings (check our Calendar for upcoming dates)
- Each meeting features 3 cookbooks on a different theme, with recipes claimed on a first-come, first-served basis
- Each attendee is required to make and bring 1 dish to sample; limit 12 attendees per meeting, so registration is required!
- Read over our Club Guidelines or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information