Come play Minecraft with us every Wednesay from 4:00 to 5:00! Participants must have their own Minecraft accounts to participate and computers fill up quick so be sure to get here a little early. We recommend bringing a laptop with Minecraft installed if one is available. We play on our own server that is only turned on during club events, so no worries about people messing with your stuff during the week. Currently, our server can only accomodate players on the PC (or Mac) Minecraft edition.
Ages 8 - 11: Bookzilla!
Bookzilla! Meets the first Wednesday of every month from 6:30 to 7:15. We'll have discussion, snacks, and a small craft activity. Please let Jonah know of any food allergies or dietary restrictions. Books are available at the children's circulation desk.
- October 5 - Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley
- November 9 - The House With a Clock in its Walls by John Bellairs
- December 7 - The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett
- January 4 - The Terrible Two by Mac Barnett
- February 1 - Gabby Duran and the Unsittables by Elise Allen
- March 1 - Bone Volume 1: Out From Boneville - by Jeff Smith
- April 5 - Absolutely Almost by Lisa Graff
- May 3 - The Thing About Georgie
- June 7 - The Junction of Sunshine and Lucky by Holly Schindler
PageTurners meets the first Thursday of every month from 4:15 to 4:45. We'll have discussion, snacks, and a small craft activity. Please let Jonah know of any food allergies or dietary restrictions. Books are available at the children's circulation desk.
- October 6 - The Dragonsitter by Josh Lacey
- November 3 - Lulu and the Brontosaurus by Judith Viorst
- December 1 - Tales of Bunjitsu Bunny by John Himmelman
- January 5 - Rise of the Balloon Goons (the Notebook of Doom #1) by Troy Cummings
- Februrary 2 - My Dad's a Birdman by David Almond
- March 2 - Lost Treasure of the Emerald Eye (Geronimo Stilton #1) by Geronimo Stilton
- April 6 - Meet the Bigfeet by Kevin Sherry
- May 4 - Dark Day in the Deep Sea by Mary Pope Osbourne
- June 1 - Bink and Gollie by Kate DiCamillo
Congratulations to David
At the Square Jam on August 6, the Friends of the Sharon Public Library invited everyone to guess how many jellybeans were in a large jar at their table. Many people tried and many guesses were close, but the closest by far was David's, a soon-to-be third grader at Striar Hebrew Academy. His guess of 1458 was just 5 away from the actual number of 1463! For his mathematical prowess he earned a gift certificate to Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt, courtesy of the Friends of the Sharon Public Library. David will be entering third grade at Hebrew Academy of Sharon (SHAS) in the Fall where he will proudly thank his teachers for helping him understand the importance of estimation.
Baseball Chair Winners
The Shakur family enjoying reading in the baseball chair
they won in the SPL raffle.
Congratulations to our Kindle raffle winners
Sophia and Jack are both very happy to take home their brand new Kindle Fires.
The kindle's were donated by Dedham Savings bank and raffled off as part of our "Every Hero Has A Story" summer reading program.
Read Aloud Chapter Books
Juvenile Realistic Fiction
Juvenile Science Fiction
Fiction Set in Foreign Countries
Hunger Games Readalikes
COOL SITES FOR KIDS
Caldecott Medal & Honor Books
Newbery Medal Winners
Notable Children's Books
The Horn Book Resources for Parents
Kidsreads: reviews, trivia and contests
Boy Meets Book: books boys like
Guys Read: books guys like
Enc. Britannica Learning Zone