Wondering which book to read next? Interested in exploring different genres or formats? Check out these resources for book reviews and recommendations from librarians, professional reviewers, and other readers!
Sharon Public Library Resources
- NoveList Plus - includes read-alikes, genre guides, book club resources, and multiple ways to search (including by audiobook narrator and media outlets). Save searches to a personal folder and create email alerts for new content by your favorite authors.
- Lib Fix - for patrons who don't want to browse the shelves, library staff will hand-select items up to 5 items from our collections to suit your unique interests.
One Book One Town: Sharon Reads Together is a community reading program with the goal of building community spirit through a shared reading experience. Each year the One Book One Town (OBOT) committee chooses one book and then plans many enrichment programs and discussions inspired by the themes within that book. We search for a book that will appeal to men and women of all ages, is a good story, and will inspire numerous exciting programs for all ages. Programming runs for approximately 4 weeks each spring.
Other Resources for Book Reviews, Award-Winners, Read-Alikes, Reading Guides, and Author News
- Book Companion - printable character lists, discussion questions, brief reviews, author information
- Goodreads - explore genres, write your own reviews and share with others, track your reading lists
- Fantastic Fiction - find your favorite author's books, including series information
- LibraryReads - list of librarians' top 10 favorite titles published each month
- LitLovers - includes short courses offering a deeper dive into reading
- Literary Hub - reader community exploring all aspects of literary culture
- New York Public Library - this page provides helpful hints for finding a book when you've forgotten the title
SPL's Readers Advisory Guide [under construction Fall 2023]