Place a Hold Online
- Go to the OCLN catalog and click Log In at the top of the page.
- Enter your library card number and PIN. Your pin is ocln unless you have specifically changed it.
- Using the search form at the top of the page, locate the item you wish to put on hold. You can limit your search results by format on the left-hand side of the page.
- There may be several editions of the same item. Click the title and scroll down to see which libraries own copies. Sharon copies will show at the top of the list.
- Click on the Place Hold button on the top right.
- Select pickup library and click on Place Hold(s).
If you are unable to place a hold, it may be for one of the following reasons:
- The item may have been designated as local holds; i.e. held on reserve for the patrons of the owning library.
- The item may have be designated as in-library use only. Typically, such items are reference materials or are too rare or fragile to circulate.
- Patrons with fines in excess of $15 cannot place holds on library materials.
If you have difficulty placing a hold on an item, please contact the Circulation Desk at 781-784-1578 ext. 1420 for assistance.
If you are unable to locate the item in the OCLN network, you may be able to find it in another library network.