Renew an Item
Sharon cardholder accounts are set up for automatic renewal by default. Most items checked out to your account will automatically renew the day before the due date. Patrons may renew items in their account only within 3 days of the item's due date.
To renew an item by phone, contact the Circulation Desk at 781-784-1578 ext. 1420.
To renew an item in your online account:
- Go to the OCLN Catalog and click on Log In at the top of the page.
- Enter your library card number and PIN. Your PIN is "ocln" unless you have specifically changed it.
- Click on My Account.
- Click on Checkouts.
- Check the boxe(s) to the left of individual items OR choose Select all if you wish to renew all items.
- Click on the Renew button.
If you cannot renew an item, it may be for one of the following reasons:
- Renewals are not permitted on some items.
- Another patron has a hold on the item.
- You have exceeded the renewal limit for that item.
- The item is a summer reading book. Summer reading books cannot be renewed at all.
- Patrons with fines in excess of $15 cannot renew library materials.
Please see the Library's Loan Periods/Renewals and Fine Policy for further information.